- Developed with the London Spine Clinic the Backboard is a simple, adjustable lumbar support that helps to maintain a correct sitting position by preventing slumping of the lower back.
- Improve seated posture and relieve back pain as the Backboard pushes the pelvis forward, supporting the natural inward curve of the lumbar spine.
- Its flexible construction allows it to be bent into any position, meaning it can be specifically tailored to fit the curvature of the spine, reducing the stresses and strains that can occur from poor posture.
- This adjustable chair support is ideal for anyone that spends long periods in a seated position. It can be used as a car seat support, as well as providing relief for those that suffer with back and neck pain when working at a computer.
- Includes seat retainer strap to keep in place.
The problem with sitting for long periods of time is that you naturally begin to slump in your chair, pushing out the natural curve in your lower back and putting strain on the back muscles. Adopting a correct sitting posture is the simplest solution to reducing these postural stresses and strains. The key is to prevent your lower back from slumping or sagging outwards and this is where the Backboard can help.
The Backboard simply slides into the back of your chair, supporting the natural inward curve. As it pushes your pelvis forward, this helps to put the correct curvature in your spine, encouraging you to sit upright in the correct position and improve your seated posture.
There are a wide variety of lumbar supports on the market today, in all shapes and sizes. This is because everyone has different requirements depending on the shape of their lumbar curve. This is what makes the Backboard so unique. It can be bent into any position and can be specifically tailored to fit the curvature of your back. By applying light pressure, the Backboard can be bent over the knee to the desired curvature. It’s then positioned in the small of your back to provide support to the natural curve of the spine.
The Backboard has been developed in conjunction with Harley Street specialists, the London Spine Clinic, a centre of excellence for all spinal care. They recommend using the Backboard whenever you are seated to minimise the load on your back and stop prolonged stresses from sitting in a slumped position.
The Backboard is also supplied with a seat retainer strap to help keep it in place.